THE USFCA GUILD ACADEMY PROGRAM
The United States Fencing Coaches Association Guild Academy club designation identifies clubs that the gold standard of coaching. These clubs or salles
- Have a program supervised by a professional fencing coach internationally recognized as having met the standards of the Academie d’Armes Internationale.
- Have confirmed that all their fencing instructors are members in good standing in the USFCA, the professional organization of fencing coaches in the US.
- Adhere to the USOC Code of Ethics, endorsed by the USFCA.
- Undergo periodic review of their credentials by the Guild Academy board.
The Guild Academy program offers the fencing community the US Fencing Coaches Association’s assurance that the quality of professional coaching is central to our organizational mission.
These Guild Academy standards provide incentive for continuing professional education and continuing advancement of the professional credentials of the coaching staff.
BENEFITS TO GUILD ACADEMIES
Guild Academies will:
- Receive an appropriate certificate for public display. Provided with the certificate will be a listing of requirements and standards for display.
- Be authorized to use the Guild Academy insignia on the academy’s website, on signage, and in promotional materials.
- Be publicly listed on the USFCA website as a Guild Academy and in The Swordmaster. The USFCA website listing will provide contact information and link to the academy’s website.
- Have access to promotional materials concerning USFCA and the Guild Academy program, the qualifications of professionals, and the importance of professional coaching.
For information on applying for Guild Academy status, please see the documentation and application under the Members Forms webpage.